Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 2...18 days until deployment

I don't have a lot of time to blog tonight, but I do have one question I keep asking myself: does life really go on like normal when he's gone?

I keep wondering if people will be able to see a change in me, my outlook, my life. I'm sure I'll learn soon enough...

Now everyone I'm close to (and some, unfortunately, that I am NOT close to) know about my boyfriend leaving. Not by my choice, but by an announcement made at work which made me feel uncomfortable. I want to figure all of my feelings out and work through them myself and with my chosen confidantes. Not everyone. This is such a private moment in my life. Is it selfish to not want to share or talk about it with everyone? I want to deal with this at my pace...not a pace which someone else dictates by making me face this every single day. I know everyone means well, but I really can't take it right now. I need strength, and I need to find that within myself.

"It does not take much strength to do things, but it requires great strength to decide on what to do."                                                                                                                                                             Elbert Hubbard 

No comments:

Post a Comment